Pages

21.8.11

{ dear weekend }

I'm so tired right now that I'm about to fall asleep as I type this. Isn't this a sign of an awesome weekend? I think so! My bf came to visit because he starts his new job in two weeks. Last hurrah weekends are the best bc you make the effort to cram in everything possible, and we did!


Saturday we went to see Fright Night. Now I am a wimp when it comes to horror movies. It's weird because I love them but hate them because after the movie is over I'm terrified for the next month! I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say? Since I covered my eyes and ears for over 50% of the film, I'll share my bf's review. He hated it! As someone who was a die hard fan of the original as a kid, he was highly disappointed and disliked it so much he wanted to see another movie immediately after we left to get rid of the bad taste in his mouth. Well, we did that literally and went to Mert's (see that beautiful plate above) Heart & Soul Restaurant in Charlotte. I haven't been there since college and it hasn't changed. Full flavor and full grease! I still have a stomach ache. And yes it WAS worth it!



Sunday we ventured out again to catch The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I would like to take the time to mention that I wanted to see this movie instead of Fright Night. I'm happy to say that this was NOT a disappointment! It is a great film with really cool graphics. And, I almost cried. Yes, I almost cried. I. Am. A. Wimp. More importantly, it left me looking for a deeper meaning. I've been googling "underlying social contexts + The Rise of The Planet of the Apes" since we got back. I say that's a stamp of approval. I've even learned some interesting history about the original. So what are you waiting for? Go peep it.


Perhaps the best part of the weekend was helping my bf start a blog of his own. Very, very exciting. He really loves writing as much as I do. (it's the lawyers in us) It's called The Gentleman's Report and it offers his point of view on music, sports, movies, and occasionally fashion and other things. Only appropriate since he owns more clothes than anybody I know. ha! P.S. If you are looking for a fab gift for a man you know and somewhat like, his new cologne (above) is pretty amazeballs!


Ever since my { tassels part two } post, I have become addicted to making these earrings. So, I made like a trillion more. There are certainly worse addictions than jewelry-making and arts and crafting.


And, because this post obviously isn't long enough, we tried to make it to see this documentary this weekend, but unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day. Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest was filmed by Michael Rapaport (yes, the actor) and documents the group's 2008 tour. I love Tribe and a good film and Raisinets mixed with popcorn so I've got to see this. Until then, I'll knock my fave Tribe song, Find a Way




xoxo,
Marche'

No comments:

Post a Comment