Pages

3.8.11

{color blocking + interior design}


If this season's trends were all my friends, color blocking would be my BFF. I've always loved pairing colors that are unexpected.

Do any of you remember Thom Felicia from "Queer Eye"? Well he had the most awesome show on HGTV called "Dress my Nest." On the show he would have an interior design-challenged homeowner in need of some serious help. But this wasn't your ordinary design show. Thom would take the homeowner's 3 favorite clothing items and design the room around them! How Ahhhhmazing is that? It makes so much sense that your closet and the rest of your home should "mesh well together" (in my Cher Horowitz voice). Since color blocking is the love of my life, I searched high and low for beautiful rooms using this trend. Here are some looks I love and how they would translate in various places and spaces:








Not a fan of bright colors? Pastel color blocking is a gorgeous and understated alternative.






Gaaaaah! This room melts my face off.










xoxo,

Marche'




No comments:

Post a Comment