Pages

12.8.11

{ work weak }

Working in doc review is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand you often have a day or two off between projects. As someone who makes a to-do list everyday, a day off might as well be a week off in my mind. On the other hand, there are times when you have weeks off. Multiple weeks. Looooong weeks. These I do not like. Pretty much after the excitement of having a day off wears off, I soon slip into a deep boredom coma. This last week has been one of those weeks. This time I decided I was going to enjoy my time off. So this past week I acted as any immature 25 year old would...


I actually went to the pool at my apt! Look at me being all neighborly and adventurous! For 4 months I have only thought about going to the pool but this time I actually did it. I might of even put my toes in it. My parents would be so proud.



Then last night I made the most epic decision ever and saw The Help waaaay past my bedtime. It's a known fact that no matter how hard you try, you will turn into your parents slowly as you age. In my case that means crying at the drop of a hat like my mother. Unfortunately, that became abundantly clear during this film. I cried, and cried, and cried. Not just a tear here or there, but I was a full on blubbering mess. I woke up with a migraine and swollen eyes this morning but it was worth it. The Help had 3 of my "must-haves" in a film: wonderful acting, amazing story, and beautiful costumes. I've shared some screen shots below. I might cry just looking at them.














Oh yeah. Somewhere in between baking in the sun and embarrassing my friends at the movies, I ate bad food, skipped the gym more times than I should, watched 90s Nickelodeon, old The Hills episodes, and A Different World reruns. My week was weak on work but damnit...it was fun.

xoxo,
Marche'

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you decided to enjoy your time off, sort of a mini vacation or retreat you haven't taken. I am trying my best to finish reading The Help before I see the movie. Seeing that It takes me a year sometimes to finish a book, I may not be able to wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Ahahahahah! It was sold out everywhere and we finally found one place that was showing it at 9:10. We didn't get out til midnight! It was soooo good! Everyone we met that read the book said the movie was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see that film!! I've been wanting to for a while now. I love your blog, Marche!! It's completely gorgeous. I have set it as a Favorite. :) xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph! Yaaaaay! I'm glad you like it! You will definitely love the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it. :) Hope to see you tomorrow, or maybe Monday or Tuesday of next week.. whenever you get done being all important and stuff... :) xo By the way.. love the navy walls in your newest post. Always have been a fav of mine too. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete